ASK A QUESTION?
- Is this career right for me?
- What I have to do as a care worker?
- What are the employment opportunities as support worker?
- Are your courses nationally recognized?
- What if I need additional support during my studies?
- When will I be issued my certificate?
- What are the entry requirements for the course I am interested in?
- Will you be organizing my vocational placements?
- When can I start my course?
- What is the Enrolment procedure?
- What is the duration of my course?
Is this career right for me?
Ask the following questions to yourself. If your answer is yes to these questions then Certificate III in Individual Support will help you to begin your rewarding career with Healthcare Industry.
- Do you derive satisfaction from helping other people?
- Do you recognise inequality in society and possess a desire to promote change?
- Can you empower clients to act on their own behalf?
- Can you work independently and as a member of team?
- Do you have the ability to communicate effectively with others?
- Do you have the skills and flexibility to work with multiple client groups in a variety of settings?
- Are you an active listener?
What I have to do as a care worker?
- Carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care /Home and Community and /or Disability setting
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
What are the employment opportunities as support worker?
Health Care and Social Assistance is a large and strongly growing industry. More than 1.5 million workers are employed, accounting for 13% of Australia’s workforce, making it Australia’s largest employing industry. Over the five years to November 2015, employment grew by 20.3% (or 256,600). New jobs were created in all subsectors, but most were in Medical and Other Health Care Services (up by 142,100) with Social Assistance Services also adding a significant number (75,800).
Around 250,200 more jobs are expected over the five years to November 2020 (up by 16.4%).
(Sources: ABS, Labour Force (trend and annual averages of original data); ABS, Education and Work; Department of Employment, Industry Employment Projections)
Nearly four in five workers in Health Care and Social Assistance have completed post-school study. While a large proportion holds a bachelor degree or higher qualification (44%), vocational education and training (VET) qualifications are also a significant pathway to employment.
Are your courses nationally recognized?
All courses listed on our scope of registration are nationally recognised and comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework, State and Federal regulatory body requirements.
What if I need additional support during my studies?
We discuss the additional support at the start of the courses as well as our trainers will be available at any time during your course to discuss the additional assistance requirement options with you. Our professional trainers will provide you with the necessary support to successfully complete your course.
When will I be issued my certificate?
Certificates are issued to students who have successfully completed the requirements of their course and been assessed as competent by an authorized Trainer.
What are the entry requirements for the course I am interested in?
For our Certificate Level III courses there are no formal pre-requisites required in order for you to undertake the course. We are happy to explain the entry requirements of your chosen course. Please speak to one of our friendly support staff on 1300 46 4673 for specifics on your course of interest.
Will you be organizing my vocational placements?
We are committed to organise a suitable work placement for every student that studies with Hope Training. Should you wish to organise your own work placement you will have the opportunity to discuss this with your trainer.
When can I start my course?
Our courses have ongoing enrolment times and multiple course commencement dates throughout the year .It is easy to plan your start time. Simply contact one of our friendly support staff on 1300 46 4673 to learn when the next course starts.
What is the Enrolment procedure?
Give us a call or enter your details on the Contact page. We will make an appointment for you to come and meet with one of our friendly Consultants, who will discuss your career interests, answer your questions, and help you in choosing the right course for the career path.
Also you can fill out the online enrollment form with your information. Read terms and conditions carefully, on the last page, and add your signature. Hope Training College of Australia staff will review your request and contact you shortly by email or phone.
What is the duration of my course?
Please check the duration of the course in the overview section of each course on the courses page option.
We know life's busy. You can study when you can, with no due dates and no start times. Structure your study around your life.
We offer different delivery models for our courses to accommodate your lifestyle. This will determine how long the course will take you to complete. Options include weekdays, evenings, or weekends. We can provide you with an estimated completion date for your course of choice.